What are some reasons behind many toppers not opting for IPS over IRS? Roman Saini is one such example
What are some reasons behind many toppers not opting for IPS over IRS? Roman Saini is one such example. Do You sir and mam has that kind of uncertainty?, If do then please check the good answer below:
There are many reasons why many people opt for IRS instead of IPS. Let me list a few such reasons.
- IPS is an All India Service (AIS) where you are allotted a cadre (State) and you work there for all life. IRS is a Central service and you can get posted to any part of India including your own state and district.
- The job of IPS is rough and tough. It is not easy for the educated and studious people to get into mould of a police officer. You have to be awake in the night when the whole world sleep. You have to be on duty on Saturdays, Sundays and Festivals when the rest of the world are enjoying time with their family
- IPS officers are most powerful at the rank of SP and their value declines as they are promoted except in the Police Commissioner system. The importance of IRS officer increases as they rise in hierarchy.
- There is lot of political interference in IPS while none in IRS.
- The senior IRS officers (like Commissioner and Chief Commissioners) can transfer and assign any charge upto the rank of Additional Commissioners. In many states (like MP) an SP is not being able to transfer even a low ranking officer without the approval of the Minister in charge of the district.
- IRS officers deal with educated and elite section of society while IPS deals with criminals and anti-social elements.
- There is no random/frequent transfers in IRS while it is quite common in IPS. frequent transfers disrupt the family life of the IPS officers.
- There is much more risk of life in IPS than in IRS.
We at this www situspanda com hope if those tips listed above can fix your concern. Thank You So Much